(submitted by and photos by Gerald & Tammy Westmoreland)
This Jewish Church was built in 1891 and 1892. The congregation became inactive in the late 1980s, and the Lum family acquired the building. Designated a Mississippi Landmark at the request of the Lum family on 1 November 1995. In May 2003 it was being used by a group called the Messianic Congregation Beit Lechem. Included in Architecture in Claiborne County, Mississippi (1974), p. 31 and America’s Religious Architecture (p. 289). Architect was Bartlett & Budemeyer. Contractor was John F. Barnes b.1850 - d.1919).
Temple Gemiluth Chassed is located in Port Gibson at 706 Church Street. GPS: 31.959167, -90.982778